With over 600 events happening annually, there's always a market, event or festival happening in the Sydney Hills District. From family fairs to performing arts, from music to cultural celebrations, there's bound to be an event to entertain the whole family.
The villages of Annangrove, Glenorie, Kenthurst and Dural hide a myriad of fruit orchards, hobby farms, antique and craft stalls. With over 60 nurseries in the area, this really is gardeners' heaven. Break your day with a meal amongst the spring scents at one of the many garden cafes and restaurants.
All this gives way to the modern amenities and vibrant events of Castle Hill. The Hills District is now a cosmopolitan hub with acclaimed shopping and entertainment precincts. A smorgasbord of quality restaurants and cafes cover the region. The leafy streets border open bushland and the area hosts Sydney's only State Forest.
Must See, Must Do
* Walk the convict built Great North Road
* Relax with live Jazz at The Pines
* See artists at work in local galleries
* Chat over coffee in a nursery cafe
* Buy fresh produce from the farmers' gate
* Escape city life in a rural B&B and finally take part in one of the many festivals, markets and events held annually
Sydney Hills Visitors Centre
656a Old Northern Road, Dural
("The Pines" historic property)
Phone: 1300 884 881
The Centre is staffed by a group of very dedicated volunteers.