Committee Positions available at Harvest Trails and Markets
Harvest Trails and Markets (HT&M) is a not-for-profit community incorporated organisation formed in 2000 by farmers in the Hawkesbury region of NSW. HT&M helps connect producers directly with consumers to build alternative distribution channels for farmers, growers and producers. Our mission is to enhance the sustainability and viability of Australian agriculture, with a focus on small-scale, family farms and artisan producers.
HT&M believes it is important to protect the productive agricultural land around our cities, towns and regions, along with the knowledge and culture of the people who make a living from it. We are committed to seeing it flourish in its many forms and do this by making it easier to bridge the city-country divide for both rural folk and urbanites. Our website and other media channels provide an easily accessed directory of food, flowers and fibre, of our growing food regions and their distinctive offerings, and the diversity of artisanal products that constitute an ever important part of Australia’s food scene and tourism industry.
We are seeking Committee members with expertise in one of two areas:
- Financial literacy to act as our Treasurer. Training available if required.
- Event management to help oversee of the management of the HT&M markets. Training and support will made available.
- Opportunity to make a difference with a well-respected and organised community group
- An existing committee with broad experience that is supportive and well run
- An exciting future with plans for growth
- Administration work is currently outsourced to a paid third party
- Commitment to the purpose of HT&M
- A desire to enhance agriculture, tourism and small business in peri-urban environments
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- A desire to grow the organisation’s membership and broader presence
Expectations of Committee Members:
-Availability of 3-5 hours per month for monthly committee meetings plus one strategic planning day per year
For any questions, please contact the current Chair Angela Maguire on 0414 20 77 55 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please provide a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com. Applications close 12 March 2022.